On November 24th, 2023, Deportivo Alavés is set to take on Granada CF in a La Liga showdown. The last face-off between these teams witnessed a 3-1 victory in favor of Deportivo Alavés. Analyzing their previous outings, they have encountered each other 10 times with Deportivo Alavés coming out on top twice and Granada CF overcoming Deportivo Alavés seven times, with one match ending in a stalemate. The current home form of Deportivo Alavés is average, contrasting greatly with Granada CF’s weak away form.
Considerably different averages have been recorded for these teams this season; Deportivo Alavés maintains a mean of 1.67 points per home game, whereas Granada CF trails with a meager average of 0.17 points per away game. Matches between the two have typically averaged 3.5 goals, with both teams scoring (BTTS) in 80% of those matches.
– Granada CF has a historical advantage, having won 70% of the past matches against Deportivo Alavés.
– Despite this, the most recent meeting resulted in a decisive victory for Deportivo Alavés with a scoreline of 3-1.
– Both teams’ current form could influence the match outcome, with Deportivo Alavés in average home form while Granada CF has been performing poorly away.
– Matches between these two teams have typically been high scoring, with an average of 3.5 goals per game.
– The high percentage (80%) of both teams scoring (BTTS) suggests that this match could be potentially action-packed with goals from both sides.
– Deportivo Alavés has a higher average of points per game at home (1.67) this season compared to Granada CF’s away game average (0.17), showing Alavés’s stronger performance when playing in their home ground.
– Considering Deportivo Alavés’s recent victory, current average form at home, and Granada CF’s poor away form, Alavés may have a slightly edge in the upcoming match.
– However, Granada CF’s historical head-to-head advantage can’t be disregarded completely.
– Given Alavés’s strength in creating scoring chances and Granada’s weakness in defending against skillful players, it is likely that Alavés will have multiple scoring opportunities.
– Granada’s strength in creating chances through individual skill could be a potential threat for Alavés as their weakness lies in avoiding fouling in dangerous areas.
– Alavés’s poor finishing of scoring chances might not allow them to capitalize fully on the scoring opportunities they create.
– Because both Alavés and Granada use the play style of long balls and playing with width, it is likely that the match will involve a lot of wide and long-range interactions.
– Alavés might take advantage of their aerial duel strength coupled with incessant attempts to cross, given Granada’s weakness in aerial duels.
– Granada, known for creating long shot opportunities, may get chances to score considering Alavés’s difficulty in defending against long shots.
– Considering Granada’s weakness in defending against counter-attacks, Alavés’s strength in counter attacks could relieve some pressure off their weak possession game.
– Given Granada’s ability to come back from losing positions and Alavés’s strength in protecting the lead, this game could see multiple momentum shifts.
– A scoreline of 1-2 is the most usual outcome in matches involving Deportivo Alaves and Granada CF, with three matches ending thus.
– Out of their past five home matches against Granada CF, Deportivo Alaves clinched victory twice, tied once and lost twice, with a goal difference of 10-9 favoring Alaves.
– In the last 10 clashes, Deportivo Alaves triumphed twice, drew once and Granada CF took home the win seven times. Granada led with a goal difference of 21-14.
– Deportivo Alaves typically score 27% of their goals within the first 15 minutes of play.
– Granada CF tend to score 33% of their goals between the 61st and 75th minutes.
– Granada CF is currently on an 11-match winless streak.
– Granada CF have also lost their last three matches played away from home.
– Granada CF has not won any of their last seven away games.
– Deportivo Alaves failed to score in two of their six home games in the current LaLiga season.
– Similarly, Granada CF couldn’t score in three out of their six away games in this LaLiga season.
– Granada’s away statistics for this season are dismal with 0 wins, 1 draw and 5 losses.
– Samuel Omorodion is the leading scorer for Deportivo Alaves this season with three goals. Bryan Zaragoza has netted five times for Granada CF.
– Jon Guridi of Deportivo Alaves and Gonzalo Villar of Granada CF are the top assist makers for their respective teams, both with three assists.
– Ruben Duarte has been cautioned the most with four yellow cards for Deportivo Alaves. Gerard Gumbau of Granada CF has received six yellow cards.
– Deportivo Alaves have successfully scored in their last six consecutive games.
– Granada CF have let in a goal in their last 15 consecutive matches.
– The first half is won by Deportivo Alaves in 21% of their matches, and Granada CF in 30% of the time.
– Their last face-off ended in a 1-1 stalemate.
– Deportivo Alaves rarely lose at home once they take a 1-0 lead.
– When Granada CF lead 0-1 in an away game, they win in 71% of the encounters.
– Deportivo Alaves have a difficult time recovering from a 0-1 deficit at home.
– Granada CF only overturn a 1-0 away loss 6% of the time.
– In terms of performance in LaLiga, Deportivo Alaves is doing better than Granada CF.
– The form of Deportivo Alaves over the last 5 games is superior to that of Granada CF.
– Granada CF has only been defeated once in their last five bouts against Deportivo Alaves across all competitions.
– The last five meetings saw Deportivo Alaves win once, Granada CF thrice and one draw.
– Granada CF has lost only one of its last five LaLiga games against Deportivo Alaves.
– The average goals per match scored by Deportivo Alaves and Granada CF against each other are 1.8 and 2.2, respectively.
– The average total number of goals scored in the matches between these two teams is 4.
– The mean score in the first half of the encounters between Deportivo Alaves and Granada CF is 1.6.
– Both Deportivo Alaves and Granada CF failed to win their last LaLiga match.
– On average, Deportivo Alaves scores 1.21 goals in their home matches and Granada CF scores 1.04 goals when playing away.